On the 5th September this year, we welcome our first 50 children to the school. This first group will be those identified as the most at need in the immediate area.
With enrolment coming fast, we need some immediate help to complete the building and make it ready for the eager children. We’ve had some incredible support so far, including some funding from the New Zealand Aid Programme, and we are just about there!
We have received some funding towards the painting but still need to find approximately NZ$1,500 towards this.
1. Training of teachers and staffing during the enrolment period, and associated costs including internal travel is approximately
2. The ongoing funding of four staff; two teachers and security at NZ$450 per month.
3. Basic office set up costs, including filing cabinets, a desk, a computer etc approx. NZ$4,000.
4. Fifteen ceiling fans are still required @ $45 each, totalling NZ$675.
1. We will have 50 children to feed one full meal each school day, at NZ$225 per week.
2. The ongoing cost of food plus the cook’s salary will cost us NZ$970 each month.
3. Set up of basic kitchen for the following items will costs NZ$4,900.
(Fridge x1, Tin plates x150, Drinking glasses x150, Bowls x150, Cutlery (spoons, forks) x550, Water jugs x4, Large cooking pot x2, Serving pot x4, Large rice bowls x2, Aluminium buckets x4, Gas oven x1, Chimney x1, Cooking gas for 6 months x6, Floor mats (for eating) x10.)
1. The cost for this important community event will be NZ$900.
Our projects rely heavily on our supporters making a commitment to a regular sponsorship. To get started, please complete a Sponsorship Form or visit our Project Pages for detailed information about each project. All sponsors will receive a donation receipt. Donations given within New Zealand may be Tax Deductible for amounts of $5 and over. 100% of sponsorships funds are sent to be used at the chosen project you designate.
" Sue and Carl have the energy, determination, organisational skills and spiritual qualities to administer our funds, and giving the money is by far the easy part! I am grateful for people like this who think bigger than I could, to make a real difference to the lives of unloved, unwanted children wherever they are. We know Orphans Aid has very good management and genuine board members. This makes it easy to support them.